top of page

Call for Applicants: €8000 Sankofa Small Grants Programme 2021

Are you passionate about Ghana’s culture and heritage?

Are you from a community involved in valuing Ghana’s heritage sites? Are you ready to create educational programmes or to promote tourism through the numerous cultural and heritage sites in Ghana?

Most importantly, are you a Civil Society Organization/Non-Governmental Organization with experience in this field?

If you answered yes to all the above, then this call is for you.

The Sankofa Small Grant call is asking you to send in your project proposal that seeks to preserve, promote and advocate on culture and heritage in Ghana.

Selected organizations will receive a small grant between €5,000 – €8,000 towards implementing their projects. Projects have to fall under the criteria stated in the call for application.

Application Procedure

  1. Please fill out the “Sankofa Small Grant Application Form” and the “Sankofa Provisional Budget” form.

  2. Submissions must be made sent via email to with the full application attached. The file should be named after the organization with the first page being the Grant Application Form.

  3. Please note that the deadline for receiving applications has been set to March 10th, 2021 at 4pm GMT. Proposals must be received on, or before this date and time. All applications received afterwards will not be considered.

  4. Please also note that the selected proposals shall not result in private or personal gains.

  5. Results of the selection process will be communicated through emails and/or written communications to all applicants.

  6. Each successful project will be supported with a grant of a minimum of 5,000€ and a maximum of 8,000€. Project budgets can be within the stated amount and must reflect real costs. Potential project budgets will be assessed and evaluated by our team of financial experts. Applications that do not reflect the real costs of items/services budgeted will be automatically disqualified.

  7. Selected projects will receive their funding in 2 instalments as follows: 60% upon signing of the contract and the remaining 40% upon justification of the use of the first instalment.

  8. Upon the official signing of the grant agreement, grantee applicants will have 8-9 months to implement their projects (even if their impact is expected on a longer-term).

  9. Priority will be given to projects proposed by CSOs which have NOT been provided support from Sankofa in 2020.

For more information, kindly download the terms of reference:

  • Terms of reference

  • Application Form

  • Provisional budget template

Application Deadline: March 10, 2021.

Need Help to Apply?

Leave us a message within the chat feature on this website and we will contact you and help with the process

Fee is GHS 50

20 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page